Our Head of Retail Policy, Laurence Raeburn-Smith will be presenting Session 1 'Repurposing and Rejuvenating Initiatives – Town Centre Adaption from a Policy Perspective' on Wednesday, 16 June 2021, 10.00-11.15
The event will also include:
- What to look for when seeking opportunities to repurpose ‘no longer wanted property’
- What to do
- How the figures stack-up
The market has changed. The market continues to change. Change generates opportunities.
In this series of four live online briefings chaired by Amanda Reynolds, Founding Director and Architect, Urbanist, Masterplanner, AR Urbanism, we’ll hear contributions from experts on the opportunities presented by the need to repurpose many pubs, petrol stations, retail and department stores, high street banks, commercial office blocks and hotels.
- In four detailed sessions we cover:
- Town Centres from a Policy perspective
- Planning and Regeneration – working within the planning system and creating a Town Centre Masterplan
- Feasibility studies and costs – asset class spotlight on repurposing trends
- Generating value and profits from repurposing
- ‘What to consider’ checklist and a ‘don’t forget’ list of hidden costs
- Using Tax reliefs and knowing what benefits are available
- No important area will be overlooked – all interpretation will be practical and relevant to real world market conditions – illustrative case studies presented throughout
- Sessions of 75 minutes each, including answers to questions from participants on the challenges they are facing and on the opportunities being created
- Unable to attend all sessions or joining partway through? Recordings will be available for all registrants
The HS Property Hub is offering the BPF community a £100 off discount if the code BPF100 is used when registering.